Monday, July 2, 2012

Pulled Pork Omelette



I am still trying to use up the rest of my pulled pork.  I am also trying new things with it too.  It is easy to just make pulled pork sandwiches; my family loves them, but I want sometimes to just try something a little different for them.  This morning I decided to make my husband a pulled pork omelette.

Looking in my fridge, I found mushrooms, pepper jack cheese, and chives.  Making the omelette is pretty easy.  I mixed up three eggs and put them in a greased skillet set on about medium to medium high heat.  As the eggs cooked, I used a spatula to move the cooked part towards the center, which allowed the uncooked part to hit the skillet.  After the eggs were about 60-70 percent cooked, I added my other ingredients,

Pulled Pork Omelet


3 eggs
Pam
1/2 3/4 cup chopped pulled pork
1 large mushroom, chopped
1 tbsp diced chives
salt and pepper to taste

Beat eggs with fork or whisk until fluffy
Add egg to a warmed pan with Pam and add salt and pepper .   As eggs cook bring edges of eggs towards center of pan so that the uncooked portion has a chance to cook.  When eggs are close to getting done, add meat, cheese and veggies.  Flip one half of egg over the other half and finish cooking.  Transfer to plate, top with scallions, season with salt and pepper, and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment