Sunday, July 29, 2012

A Quick Healthy Dinner

So the other night, I took the boys to Hardee's for dinner.  I didn't want to eat there, but I like to spoil them every once in a while with fast food - they love it.  Anyway, I was very hungry, and I wanted to make something healthy, quickly.

I came up with a "soup" that I created out of staples in my pantry.  I wanted a quick healthy dinner that was low in carbs, calories, and fat.  This is what I came up with.

Seafood Pasta "soup"
2 cups chicken stock
2 nests whole grain angel hair pasta nests
1 small can clams
1 small can crab meat
1-1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
Salt and freshly ground pepper
About 2 cups fresh spinach

Bring stock to boil; add pasta and cook till pasta is almost done.  Add seafood - not drained and warm through - this should only take a couple of minutes.  Add Italian seasoning and spinach.  When spinach is wilted, add salt and pepper to taste and serve.

The only carbs in this dish are from the pasta, and that is whole grain and full of fiber.  I chose angel hair as it cooks quickly, and the serving sizes are easy to figure out.  This dish is very flavorful - light, yet filing and really quite yummy. I have made it twice now, and am really impressed how easily this dinner comes together.  Try something like this next time you are hungry and wanting dinner very quickly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment