Monday, June 11, 2012

Sometimes it doesn't

I am trying to make different vegetables for my family.  This time I tried a new recipe with brussels sprouts - a vegetable that my husband really doesn't like.  I looked up several recipes and combined two that I thought my family might enjoy. They didn't enjoy the sprouts, but they liked the marinade and said that I should try the marinade on other veggies that they actually like.  I am sharing this recipe because they really liked what was on the sprouts; they just really don't like sprouts.

Brussels sprouts recipe

1 1 1/2 pounds fresh brussels sprouts
2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp dijon mustard
2 tbsp soy sauce
Parmesan cheese, grated
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients except cheese and place on a sheet pan.  Roast a 350 for 15 minutes.  turn oven up to 400 degrees and roast for another 25-35 minutes.  In the last five minutes, add cheese.  Season with salt and pepper to your taste.  Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment