Thursday, June 21, 2012

Grilling Healthy

We love to grill in the summer, and I found a way to get my kids - or at least one of them to eat veggies.  I make Kabobs!  Kabobs are easy to make - just use the veggies you have on hand.  I had peppers and onions.  What took them to the next level was the marinade I used.  It was an easy recipe using spices that most of us have on hand.

Mediterranean Marinade from Weber's Way to grill

2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp granulated garlic
1 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper

Mix dry ingredients together, combine with oil.

I used about one pound of kabob meat and all the rub.  It worked very well in a large zip lock bag.  Be sure to marinate for at least an hour.  The smaller cuts of beef don't have to be marinated over night to get maximum flavor out of the marinade.

The marinade was a hit for the family.  The cumin added a smoky flavor, but no heat so the boys really liked it.  The coriander, with its lemony flavor added a brightness to the kabob's flavor.  What I like best about this meal is that it is tasty, easy to make and no carbs, so I don't feel guilty about eating tater tots with it! (ok, just one serving - yummy!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment