Thursday, June 28, 2012

Grilled Corn

We had people over for a pool party this past Sunday.  I smoked two pork butts - that was exiting.  Our smoker is on the front porch, and the pork butts were still cooking at 11:00 at night.  I went out on the porch to pull them out of the smoker, and low and behold--------a skunk was checking out my smoker!!  I guess he thought it smelled good.  Luckily he went back into the wood across the street without stinking up the the place.


To go with the pork, I also roasted corn - it was wonderful.  I used the same Big Time BBQ Rub that I used for the pork, combined with butter.  I have used Emeril's Essence in the past, so whatever your choice is will work.

Roasted Corn

1 dozen ears bi-color corn
rub - your choice
butter 1 stick

Clean corn leaving husks peeled back to use as a handle.  Soak corn for 30 minutes in water.  After corn has been soaked brush liberally with butter that has been mixed with rub.  Place on grill so that the husks aren't on the grill.  Grill on high heat, turning often until corn is done - about 20 minutes.  Add more buttered rub as needed during cooking process.  Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment