Thursday, June 21, 2012

Father's Day Appetizer

We went to my brother and sister in law's house for Father's day.  They grilled and asked us to bring an appetizer.  Trying to find something new, easy and healthy, I chose a Mexican dip recipe  called Layered Mexican dip that I found at Food.com.  I know that it is high in carbs, but that is due to the beans which I consider a good carb in that they have fiber and aren't processed.  Now, I know that some will want to use low fat sour cream or low fat mayonnaise, but I would argue that your body actually needs to process the fat that is in those items.  The other thing to take into consideration is that this is an appetizer - don't eat too much!!!  It is had to do though, because it is so good and the mozzarella cheese adds just enough of a difference to the average layered Mexican dip.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment