Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Birthday Cake Key Lime Cake III

I know that I said this would be a healthy blog, but sometimes......

It was my son's birthday, and with his help, we found a recipe for his birthday cake.  He originally wanted a lemon cake, but when we happened across this recipe....need I say more, he had to have it.  I like to refer to it as the Shrek cake, but the real recipe name is Key Lime Cake III that we found on Allrecipes.com  I don't know what the III really means, but oh well.

Anyway, my other son doesn't like cake, but he really likes Key Lime Pie so he tried it.  He at three pieces; he thought it was that good.  The cake had to be one of the moistest cakes I have ever had, and making it was a blast.  The jello added a great flavor and wonderful color.  Not only was the flavor great and fresh - I love lime, making it was a snap, and it looked great when finished.  Making three layers allowed for a faster cooling time, so making it in the afternoon was no problem.


My son's little get together with family was a success.  I had to give out copies of this recipe to my mother in law and his godmother.  If you want something different, yet very tasty, try this cake.  I know the health quotient isn't there, but once in a while that is ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment