Monday, May 28, 2012

Chicken......Again

I love chicken!!!  I roasted a lot of breasts and thighs the other day.  Some of it I used for chicken salad, some I used in salads for my dinners, and today, I used the rest for chicken sandwiches for my family.  For the boys, I used whole grain buns, but my husband and I decided to forgo the buns and eat some healthy chips with our chicken instead.

With the only carbs coming from the chips, this meal is a no brainer.  The chicken is only about 130 calories, but it does contain some fat - but that is the only fat in the entire meal.  Overall, a great choice for a meal if you are watching what you eat.

Roasted Chicken 
Boneless chicken breasts and thighs
Olive oil
Salt
Pepper
Granulated Garlic
Steak Seasoning

Preheat oven to 425.  Place cleaned chicken on a sheet pan.  Lightly sprinkle with olive oil.  Season with salt, pepper, garlic, and steak seasoning on both sides.  Cook on middle rack in oven for 7-8 minutes on one side; turn chicken over and cook until juices run clear.  Cool and store or serve as an entree.

No comments:

Post a Comment